Happy First Day of Spring Everybody!
I truly love this time of year because nature is beginning to blossom and warm up again. With the spring equinox upon us, it’s a great time as any to spring into action ourselves. I came up with five things you should do in the springtime:
1) Do some spring cleaning: Whether it’s your house, car, wardrobe or Facebook… we are all in need of a little cleaning. So why not simplify your life and free it of that clutter?
2) Spend more time outside and less in front of the TV: With the temperature slowly rising, pick an activity to do outdoors. Fly a kite, play baseball, ride a bike, run or walk a marathon, even reading a book outside will count!
3) Start a garden: Whether it’s a vegetable or flower garden, this time of year is perfect to get your green thumb crackin’. Personally, I’m more partial to fragrant flower gardens.
4) Shop at the farmer’s market: If you’re not into planting and tending your own garden then the farmer’s market is the best next thing. It’s a little pricey, but the payout is worth it in the end. Remember: Support local businesses and buy locally.
5) Take a mini-vacation: Oh how I love a vacation! And a mini-vacation is just as wonderful. Even if it’s as simplistic as a picnic at your nearest state park or grand as having a spa weekend. A mini-vacation is a great refresher.
I hope my five ideas were helpful to you for spring 2014. Have fun trying them!
Follow Anita on Twitter: @Emranija